Controversial or not, the startup culture that has shaped so many businesses over the past few years is here to stay and so is its powerful ally: growth hacking. Coined by Sean Ellis in 2010, growth hacking essentially means gearing up your new business venture for accelerated growth and success. How? The mechanisms and strategies differ from company to company, but we distilled a couple a of proven digital marketing hacks that can be successfully applied in most cases:
Hack Your Content
- killer headlines;
- magnetism. You read that right – magnetism – whether it’s a picture of a grumpy cat, a controversial point of view expressed in a comprehensive article, a smart infographic or an interesting video what they all have in common is the click-magnetism. And most of the times, this depends on the angle from which said contend is presented. Can you shift your angle from plain to plain awesomeness?
- authenticity. The Internet is well versed in the “Spot-The-Faker” game;
- emotional appeal;
- usefulness. This is what we believe to be the best feature. If it’s an article, make it insightful and detailed. If it’s an infographic, back it with the latest statistics and data. If it’s video, make it high-quality and professional. Nothing can beat quality in the long run, not even price!
Hack Your Website
- optimize your landing page to match the keywords your buyer persona is using;
- increase site speed as it directly impacts conversion rates;
- include visible, simple, and efficient Calls To Action;
- improves user experience by enabling effortless navigation and by implementing features that are easy to understand;
- use plugins for instant social sharing, newsletter subscriptions, social log-ins, anything that makes visitor-website interaction fast and smooth;
- make it friendly for new visitors: why not offer a quick tour explaining how everything works?
- include social proof – people look for reassurance as much as they look for solutions.