When I started in marketing and advertising years ago, I learned the importance of integrated marketing – ensure there’s consistency of message across TV, radio, print, direct mail and out-of-home. Today, integration is more important than ever given the addition of web, social, email, mobile, and SEO/SEM.
Consistency builds trust. Inconsistency builds confusion and distrust.
Given the number of channels across which our messaging is disseminated, it’s easy for marketing communications campaigns to fail.
- Message are fragmented, or incongruent, across media channels.
- There’s little to no strategic planning, let alone messaging planning.
- The campaign process is slow, or non-existent, and uncoordinated.
- Companies are unprepared to share information across the organization (i.e. silos) and the information is frequently inconsistent.
- There’s a lack of transparency and cross-channel communication.
- There’s no on-going dialog across the organization, sharing insights, how the customer interacted with tthe communications, what worked and what didn’t.
Integrated marketing today menas collecting all customer information from all channels and integrating it to provide a 360-degree view of the customer so you can meet their needs and wants without asking them to tell you what they’ve already told someone else in your company.
Incorporating all online and offline data provides you the opportunity to personalize your communications with customers and ensuring you are providing information of value that’s relevant to them and where they arein the buying cycle. You can answer the customer’s question before they ask it. You will save them time and become easier to do business with, thereby earning their trust.
More knowledge, greater segmentation, more consistent and relevant will lead to more conversions in shorter sales cycles.
In addition, tracking the customer experience (CX) after the sale, across multiple touch points, enables your to build an ongoing relationship with the customer and gives you a better opportunity to create a “customer for life” rather than a single sales event.
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional