Ensuring your brand is aligned with your customer experience is critical if you want your consumers to be engaged with your brand.
Every interaction your customer has with every element of your brand (phone call into your company, use, seeing it in the community — actual and online) has an impact on your customer’s brand perception.
Any variance in how your brand comes across will jar your customer’s perception and hinder brand engagement.
Brand engagement is a function of trust and trust is earned by delivering a consistent, and hopefully a consistently excellent, brand experience.
You must ensure that every employee in your organization is aligned with the language of your brand since everyone is engaged with service at one level or another.
A recent Gallup study of 6,000 customers showed:
- Airline employees influence customer loyalty by 400%.
- Telecommunications company employees influence customer loyalty by 500%.
- Bank employees influence customer loyalty by 2000%.
Here are 12 questions you can ask that, once answered, will enhance brand engagement and, consequently, accelerate sales:
- Is the organization on brand with the service it provides?
- What is your brand promise? You must link the dynamics of the customer experience with your brand promise.
- Do you always deliver on that brand promise?
- Do you emotionally engage your customer with your brand? Emotionally satisfied customers churn less than rationally satisfied and dissatisfied customers.
- What is the emotional and rational differentiation for your brand?
- What do you want the customer to experience? Are they? How do you know?
- What are your strengths?
- What gets in the way of consistently delivering on your brand promise?
- What is your internal communication plan? This is more important than your external communication plan.
- Is your staff as engaged as your customers?
- Does your staff know the brand story? How do you know?
- Do you have a process for engaging staff? If you’re like most organizations, 29% of your staff is truly engaged, 54% are not engaged and 17% are actively disengaged. The 17% that are actively disengaged are killing your business. Educate rather than train to deliver outstanding customer service.
What do you do to enhance brand engagement?
What do you do to engage and empower your employees?
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional