Heather is a dynamic presenter. In addition to being a brilliant mathematician, Heather has studied how networks develop and work throughout her professional career.
Following are my key takeaways from Heather’s presentation:
- Introverts and extraverts network very differently.
- If you don’t know something about an extravert, you haven’t been listening.
- If you don’t know something about an introvert, you haven’t asked.
- Research shows the most successful careers are developed by paying attention to: 70% on the job experience; 20% relationships with others; and, 10% education, including what you’ve learned and how you’ve applied what you’ve learned.
- Approach people with the thought of how you can help, or provide value, to them.
- Give to get.
- Strengthen links by reaching out just to check-in or say hello even if you don’t have any information of value for the person.
- Networking is a constant exchange of favors and information.
- What are you working on?
- Who do I know that can help you with what you are working on?
- What do I know that can help you with what you are working on?
- How can I help you be successful?
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional