The survey is simply three questions that should take a customer three minutes or less to answer:
- On a scale of zero to 10 where 10 is “very likely,” how likely are you to recommend our company to a friend or colleague?
- Why did you give us that score?
- What would it take to earn a 10 from you?
Anyone who gives us a nine or 10 is defined as a “promoter.” Those that give us a seven or eight are “passives.” While those who give us a six or less are “detractors,” and potentially harmful to our business.
We immediately contact any detractors and see what we can do to rectify their negative feelings about our product, service or company.
However, we also want to leverage our promoters since they can:
- Shorten sales cycles
- Increase the likelihood of closing a deal by being a reference
- Increase close rates when they speak on our behalf
- Drive brand preference in their peer group
- Showcase best practices for passives and detractors
- Create a reference database with as much information as possible about the promoter (i.e., product, sector, problem solved, geography, professional title, etc.)
- Promote opportunities for an ongoing dialogue
- Capture the dialogue in audio via webcasts and webinars
- Capture the dialogue in video
- Capture the dialogue in case studies and white papers
- Integrate all of the promoter’s information into our CRM database
- Share all information via our website and social media channels and encourage our promoters to do the same
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional