Recent studies by Roper Public Affairs for the Custom Content Council, Content Wise and the Content Marketing Institute reinforce the need for content:
- 83% of top marketing executives are receptive to the idea that custom content should be an integral part of every marketing plan.
- 84% say content marketing represents the future of marketing.
- Custom content accounts for more than 20% of the average marketing budget.
- 40% of marketers said producing engaging content was their biggest content marketing challenge.
- 20% said they were concerned about creating enough content.
- Finding content and fulfilling a commitment to producing and distributing it is difficult at best.
As marketers, we need to do a better job of explaining the value of content to the rest of the organization.
As the CMO, V.P. or director of marketing, I want to establish my company as a thought-leader in the industry and the developers and providers of the content as rock stars.
I want to earn the trust of prospective customers. I want prospective customers to look to us when they have a question about our specialty.
In order to do this, I need content. Nothing proprietary, but information of interest and value.
Give me presentations you’ve made, case studies, a few minutes for an interview or shoot a short-video talking about our latest and greatest product and service.
Once you’ve given me content, I’ll produce a press release, a blog post, social media posts, white papers, video blogs and other forms of communication that will reach our customers and prospects, let them know we are interested in providing information of value, earning their trust and their business. I’ll also add the content to our website to improve SEO.
Wouldn’t it be great if 1,000 prospects saw your presentation on the “Sustainability of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems” in addition to the 70 people you presented to in Mississauga?
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional