- Don’t just collect data — use it. Let your customers know that you hear what they’re saying and here’s what you’re going to do based on their feedback.
- Treat customers the way you’d like to be treated. I suggest treating your employees the same, since that’s how they will treat your customers. Your employees will not care about your customers if you don’t care about your employees.
- Be different — if you dare. What are your vision, mission and values? How does that make you different and better than your competition? Does your consumer confirm what you think?
- CRM doesn’t belong only to the CRM team. Everyone needs to be involved and empowered to know, use and update data in the CRM. Otherwise, the data will not be current.
- Timing goes a long way. Know the key dates in your customers’ lives — their birthday, their anniversary, the day they need to replace a part on the product they bought from you.
- Be interested and get to know your customers. The goal is to have a dialogue that can lead to a long-term and mutually beneficial relationship.
- Make the most of your advocates. Do you know who your raving fans are? Have you asked them for referrals? Testimonials?
- Try to create “surprise and delight.” If you do, they’ll tell their friends via social media which is invaluable to your marketing.
- Measure, measure, measure. Identify key metrics based on your firm’s goals and objectives.
- Stay relevant and show value quickly. Reward people for signing up for your newsletter. Give them a gift for doing business with you. When Amazon just sold books, they always sent a bookmark with the order.
- Keep your employees involved. Happy employees = happy customers.
Experienced marketing professional who has worked with more than 120 clients in 18 different vertical industries. ♦ Differentiate products and services by improving UX and delivering memorable CX to create an emotional connection to the brand. ♦ Obtain insights from analytics to solve business problems and drive revenue. ♦ Develop and implement marketing campaigns that double traffic and leads in three months. ♦ Certified Marketing Automation Professional ♦ Certified Voice of the Customer (VOC) Professional